Employee‘s Incapacity for Work

Federal Disability Insurance (IV)

Please notify the competent IV Office of any employees who are incapable of work for an extended period of time. The IV will then initiate the steps required to support the employee and assist in the event of him/her returning to work.  

Pension Fund

Contribution obligation

In the event of incapacity for work as a result of illness or an accident, employers and employees continue to pay the same contributions for the first 3 months after the start of the incapacity for work. After this waiting period, the GastroSocial Pension Fund assumes the contributions and continues to manage the account of the insured until the employee is fully capable of working again.

Calculation of salary deduction

If an employee is only partially unable to work, the salary deduction tables and the salary deduction calculator cannot be used to calculate the deduction, as the coordination offset must be calculated on a percentage basis (see «Incapacity for work due to illness or accident» information sheet).

Reintegration/Case Management

Independent specialists known as case managers help injured, sick or emotionally fragile individuals to get back to work, providing support every step of the way. The service is provided in cooperation with selected independent institutions and is both voluntary and free of charge for the insured.


If an employee receives a disability pension, the coordination offset is adjusted to the level of disability. Please contact us for a calculation. Our Benefits team will be pleased to help with any questions you may have: 062 837 71 71  |  E-Mail

Notification of incapacity for work of employees

A simple note on the settlement documents is sufficient (e.g. «50% unable to work since 23.9.»).

Medical certificates/Daily Allowance Statements

For persons who are unable to work for more than 3 months we need the medical certificates or the daily allowance statements for all the time.

More information

More information on incapacity for work is provided in our «Incapacity for work due to illness or accident» information sheet.

We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.