Acquisition of Residential Property with Pension Fund Assets
Under the Ordinance on the Encouragement of the Use of Vested Pension Accruals for Home Ownership you can use your Pension Fund savings to buy residential property.
- Minimum withdrawal of CHF 20‘000.–
- Limited withdrawal after the age of 50
- Agreement of spouse/registered partner is an absolute requirement
- Withdrawal/Pledge possible every 5 years up to the value of the pension assets
- Reduction in retirement benefits
- Reduction in disability and survivors‘ benefits
- Advance withdrawal is immediately subject to tax
The reduction in risk coverage for death and disability can be offset by taking out private insurance.
You should proceed as follows if you wish to withdraw your Pension Fund assets:
- Complete the «Residential property – Application for advance withdrawal of Pension Fund assets for residential property» form.
- Complete the «Residential property – Confirmation for use of advance withdrawal of Pension Fund assets for residential property» form.
Send both forms to:
GastroSocial Pension Fund | Vested Benefits Team (Freizügigkeiten)
P.O. Box 2304 | 5001 Aarau | E-Mail
More details on this topic are provided in our «Residential property» information sheet.