Purchase into the Pension Fund
Advantages of making a voluntary payment (purchase) into the Pension Fund
- Increase of pension assets
- Better benefits at the time of retirement
- Voluntary purchases paid out in the event of death
- Avoid benefit reductions on early retirement
Conditions attached to making a purchase
- Minimum age of 25
- No entitlement to claim retirement benefits as yet
- Any advance withdrawals made to finance residential property must be repaid
After a purchase, the purchase amount may not be drawn for a period of 3 years
- as an advance withdrawal to finance residential property.
- as a lump sum on retirement.
- on taking up self-employment.
- on leaving Switzerland.
Purchases can be deducted from taxable income. We would advise you to check the tax deductibility of voluntary purchases with your tax office and to request a written confirmation before you make any purchases.
Purchase in the event of early retirement
The right to draw all or part of the retirement benefits in the form of a lump sum does not apply if purchases are made due to early retirement. Anyone who makes purchases for the early retirement but then decides to work longer could lose some of the money they paid voluntarily. If early retirement is not taken, the benefit target may be exceeded by no more than 5%. Any amount above this would therefore be lost (Art. 9.4. 3 of the Regulations).
The GastroSocial Pension Fund can calculate the maximum amount for which you can make a voluntary purchase. To this end, please complete the «Calculation of maximum purchase amount pension fund (Application)» form and send it to:
GastroSocial Pension Fund | Vested Benefits Team (Freizügigkeiten)
P.O. Box 2304 | 5001 Aarau | E-Mail